The Mt Baw Baw walking trails located in West Gippsland, Victoria are certainly some of the most scenic walks in Australia. Set amongst the alpine wilderness and magnificent scenery of the Baw Baw National Park, there is a range of walking and mountain biking trails for all levels of ability. Breathe in the crisp mountain air and explore the resort and surrounding bushland, you’ll find it hard to beat the view & feel like you are on top of the world when partaking in one of the Mt Baw Baw walking trails.
Spectacular year round, Baw Baw National Park (the traditional Country of the Gunaikurnai and Wurundjeri peoples) covers a substantial part of the Baw Baw Plateau. As the snow melts see the hills come alive with vivid wildflower displays.
Walk a section of the Australian Alps Walking Track and discover Mushroom Rocks, a maze of giant granite tors rising from the forest. Head to Mount St Gwinear. Explore the wonderland of geological formations walk, snowshoe, toboggan or cross-country ski one of the many trails that criss-cross the twisted snowgum forests.
Walk the same trails in spring and see the Baw Baw Plateau come alive with a vivid display of wildflowers.
- Latrobe Trail – .5km (return) – Easy, mostly flat even surface with no steps or steep sections.
- Beech Trail – 1km (return) – Easy, mostly flat even surface with no steps or steep sections.
- Summit Trail – 2.3km (return) – Easy, mostly flat with gentle hills, & with some steps.
- Village & McMillian’s Trail 4.5km (return) – Easy, mostly flat with gentle hills, & with some steps.
- Mueller’s Trail – .5km (return) – Bushwalking & a good level of fitness recommended. Surface is a rough dirt track & some steep sections.
More Great Walks……
To discover more great walks in Baw Baw & West Gippsland download our free walking guide.